MGL Licensing Ltd. is an art licensing company.
We care about keeping your personal information safe and secure. The following text provides details about how MGL Licensing Ltd. collects, shares, uses and protects this information. The Policy also sets out your rights relating to your personal data and how you can exercise those rights.
MGL Licensing Ltd. collects personal information in the course of your use of our services. We obtain information when you register with us online, ask us a question about our services by phone or email or enter into a license with our company.
We will use this information to provide the services requested and to send you, from time to time, marketing information on current and latest projects and services.
We will never share, sell or trade your personal information to any third parties for marketing purposes without your prior consent, unless required to do so by law.
What information do we collect about you?
MGL Licensing Ltd. collects information about you when you register with us online, ask us for a question by phone or email, or enter into a license with our company. We may also collect information when you voluntarily complete client surveys, or provide feedback on our service by telephone, email, meeting or social media.
Other information we may hold about you:
First name, last name, title, company name, company address, invoice address, VAT number, email and telephone contacts.
Your preferences in receiving communications from us, where and how your information was collected.
Commission history, feedback.
Records of emails, telephone calls, commissions and licenses.
Website usage information is collected using cookies.
Why do we collect this information?
We have a legitimate interest in running a successful business and ensuring we are able to provide you with our services efficiently. We use the information so that we can:
• Understand our client’s needs and improve our services.
• Provide the requested service to you.
• Provide answers to enquiries regarding commissions, licenses and solutions we can offer.
• Fulfil commissions and licenses and meet service expectations.
• Offer and improve our services.
• Communicate with you.
How we collect information:
We collect information in the following ways:
• When you communicate with us by telephone, email or forms on our website we collect information to enable us to service your requests. Such communications may include: information requests, quote requests, commissions, licenses and newsletter subscriptions.
• By using cookies on our website: Cookies are small text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity.
You can disable cookies in your browser, however, please note that in a few cases some of our website features may not function as well as a result.
• From Third Parties including: Google Analytics, third party mailing data providers.
• From publicly available data sources such as Companies House and Electoral House.
• From social media sources.
How we use the information about you:
We collect information about you to:
• Process your enquiry and license.
• Manage your account.
• To contact you to keep you up to date with our services via email or post.
You can update your preferences or unsubscribing completely from our marketing activity using links provided in the footer or our email communications at any time. We send our newsletter no more than once a week to keep in touch about available artwork, new artist, trade shows and licensing opportunities.
How we share information about you:
MGL Licensing Ltd. will never share, sell or trade your personal information to any third parties for marketing purposes without your prior consent, unless required to do so by law.
We may share your information with trusted, GDPR-compliant service providers, sub-contractors and agents appointed to perform functions on our behalf. These include payment providers, email communication providers, IT service providers, postal mailing providers, accountants, auditors and lawyers. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal information for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal information for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
How we store your data:
Your contact details may be held in the following ways:
• On our client management database (full contact details, contact history and commissions; current and historical)
• On our accounts software (billing details and accounts information)
• On our email newsletter client management software (Company name, email, first name, last name, geographical location)
MGL Licensing Ltd. is committed to protecting the information you entrust to us. We will take all reasonable technical and organisation precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of this information.
We only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes it was collected for, including any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
By law we have to keep basic information about our customers for six years for tax purposes.
You have extensive rights under the General Data Protection Regulation, these include the right to:
• request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
• to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
• withdraw consent at any time.
• be forgotten (i.e. the right to ask us to delete, shred and otherwise remove any data we hold about you, except where we have a legal obligation under UK law).
For further information on your rights please visit the Information Commissioners Office at https://ico.org.uk/
Should you wish to exercise any of your rights under the GDPR Policy please direct your enquiry in writing to: Adam Meiklejohn, MGL Licensing Ltd, Unit 7, Tideways Yard, 125 Mortlake High Street, London, SW14 8SN or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact us if you have a complaint or concern about the way we collect, store, use or process your data, or about the way we communicate with you.
T: +44 (0)20 7593 0510
F: +44 (0)20 7593 0520
Unit 7, Tideway Yard
125 Mortlake High Street, London